Tuesday 20 July 2010

Gold: Insurance for Financial Security


In June 2007, on my flight from Singapore to Frankfurt, I met this young lady that coincidently came from the same home town with me. I figure it out later that she works for new airlines dealing with flight insurance. Just a few months later in the early 2008 because of mismanagement and some accidents and incidents, the airlines is collapse and bankrupt. I never heard from her anymore where she works after the bankruptcy of the airlines.


Our life is full of risks, so many insurance companies offer their products to the consumers that want to protect their assets and them selves. The insurance may vary start from health insurance, car insurance up to live insurance - the last one you will never taste it because you must die first before  claim it.


Our finance is also one of the risky thing. I still remember when monetary crisis happen in 1997 my savings as the result of hard work for 8 hours a day 5 days a week in 8 years just vanish in one night. Well, I mean the money is still there but the value drop in unbelievable rate. Before, with my income,  I can take my family to eat in a nice restaurant every month, watch movie at least twice a month, buy beautiful clothes for my children and save the rest of my income to buy a car I dreamed of. But just in one night - yes, its true - everything never be the same. I must bury my dream quite deep since the price of car doubled just in a few weeks. Suddenly the income cannot cover the expense and all my hard work for 8 years became nothing.


At that time my wife's jewelry is the savior. We sell some of it and survive until everything back to normal. From the time being I realize that gold my insurance for my financial security, and as i write on my previous post that I put my money in the bank and the amount is just enough to live for two weeks. The rest of income i used it to buy gold. now, i can buy my dream car and the next is ...a bigger house.


From long time ago until today, at least for me from 1997, gold has been proven as good insurance for my financial security. It is time for you to prove it. 

No comments:

Search Result