Friday 10 July 2020

A Lesson from the History (of Money)



Money History



Yes, I start to write in this blog again. Don't ask me why, but in recent days, I have a bit "free time" and an idea to put on the writing.
A few days ago my daughter asked me to help her make an essay about the history of money. It is an interesting topic - well who does not like money. I will not do storytelling about the history of money on this blog but it gives me the idea to highlight the evolution of traditional trade from early history until what we know today and the relation with the gold and other precious metal.

In the early age of human history when people start to realize that one part of living as a social being is interaction with other individual and other groups. Trading is then created as a means to fulfill one's needs. The early method of trading is by bartering goods with goods. Then they realise that by bartering goods so many problems occur.

History seems to be repeating itself, but to be fair, this is technology’s first real crack at disrupting the very nature of money. Things like smart contracts are like standing instructions at a bank — programmatic money, which has a zillion use cases that have never been seen before. In my experience, I’ve seen an entire market form in front of my eyes and seen the intersection of economics, human psychology, and technology play out in real time. There are a lot of benefits (and pitfalls) of such disruptive financial technology, but I’m most interested in seeing how this pans out in the virtual economy/gaming world because that’s where I think most humans will be when the world runs out of jobs.

source : https://yourstory.com/2018/11/brief-history-money-barter-bitcoin






No comments:

Search Result